This soooooooofaaaaaaaaa started out being made of stuff that was either left over or extras from some other project and refraining from additional purchases. I did, however, buy 3 more packages of buttons (5 per pack) to go with the 2 I already had. The sofa saga, as it's turning out to be, is my adventures (or misadventures) in furniture making (not a professional undertaking in any way). I am learning a lot of what-not-to-dos which is very helpful in narrowing down the what-to-dos. So, if you see something done incorrectly feel free to point it out. It won't hurt my feelings a bit.
Okay. So, the sofa is brought back out to work on. It got put aside for several other menial and not so menial projects. I needed a break to think of what I wanted to do about the shortage of fabric situation. It didn't start out to be a shortage. My lack of knowledge in upholstering created wasteful use of it. I didn't throw it away. I wound up with a lot of bits and pieces. It is still not complete. Solving one problem created another...repeatedly. Lack of fabric lead to me decreasing the padding and piecing scraps together to have enough to cover the arms only thing is, I'd already made the cushion with the original amount of padding measurement; adding piping as an accent to disguise the piecework lead to the desire to trim out the front to coordinate with the piping on the arms but don't have enough piping to do that and the nearest store is 30 plus miles away. Well, the trim just won't match because I really don't want to go to the fabric store. The fact that it won't match will eat me up but I will get over it.
Here's more in progress pictures: