Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Letter Zeeeeeeeeroooooo!

   A while back, I attempted to get an online extension on a library book.  For whatever reason, the password wasn't working and after trying different combinations (although the password was written down and verified with the librarian at the time it was initially set...in person even) I called the library.  They gave me an extension on my book but said my password couldn't be addressed over the phone.  Two weeks later, I return the books and seek the help of the librarian at the desk.  I state that I'd like to reset my password. Here's how it went,
Librarian- "What would you like it to be?  It can be anwhere from 4 to 8 alpha-numeric characters."
Me- "2-4-4-the letter zero-7-1."
Librarian- "Would you like that to be the number zero?"
Me- "I thought you said it could be letters or numbers."
Librarian- "That's right."
Me-  "Okay then, 2-4-4-the letterrrrrrrr zeeeeeeeeeerooooooooo (complete with fingers forming the letter)-7-1."
Librarian- "There is no letterrrrrrrrrr zeeeeeeeeeerooooooo.  There's the number zero....would you like that?"
Me- Looking dazed and confused briefly and I felt my head actually as the gears clicked into place which was more like a KA-LUNK! when I realized what I'd said and what she was explaining.  "Awe geez!  The letter o...small letter o.  (laughing visibly at myself) No wonder I was having difficulty with my password...I was using the letter zero!"
     I would blame it on Monday but really, it could've been any day.  I think that has been my most public show of a need to have my brain burped in quite some time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on this post?